- Estate Planning
Darrell G. Brooke is the founder of The Brooke Law Group, located in the heart of Old Town Monrovia. He is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law and also practices taxation, business planning, business law, and elder law. Prior to founding the firm, Darrell worked for three of the largest law firms in Los Angeles, specializing in estate planning and probate. Mr. Brooke received the highest possible Martindale-Hubbell AV - Rating by his peers: 5.0/5.0 (out of 5.0).
(A) Very High to Pre-eminent Legal Ability and,
(V) Very High for General Ethical Standards.
Darrell serves the legal industry in two major capacities: On the State Bar of California, he is a member of the Probate Committee and the Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section. He is also a member of the American Bar Association's The Real Property, Probate and Trust Section; Lifetime and Testamentary Charitable Gift Planning Committee; and Lifetime Transfer: Transfer Tax Issues Committee.
Darrell is also actively involved in his community.
- Highest possible Martindale-Hubbell AV – Rating by his peers: 5.0/5.0 (out of 5.0)
- Member, Monrovia Planning Commission
- Board member, Rose Bowl Legacy Foundation Advisory Board
- Legal Advisor, Monrovia Old House Preservation Group
- Winner, Iris Award for Citizen of the Year, Monrovia Chamber of Commerce, 2020
- Member, Monrovia Providers Group
- Former Treasurer, former Development Chair and Board member, Pasadena Playhouse State Theater of California, 2013 – 2019
- Former President, Levitt Pavilions, L.A.-Pasadena, 2009-2015
- Former President and Board member, Pasadena Quarterbacks, 2008 – 2010
- Past Member, Monrovia Rotary Club
- Former Zumba Instructor, Pasadena Senior Center, Westminister Gardens, Royal Oaks Manor
- Former President, Estate Planning Council of San Gabriel Valley, 1999 – 2000
- Former member, Sierra Madre Planning Commission, 1997 – 1999
- Former President and Board member, Old Pasadena Business & Planning Association, 1993 - 1997
- Current Member, Duarte Rotary Club
- State Bar of California, Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section, Member
- American Bar Association’s The Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Member
- Pasadena Bar Association, Pasadena, CA, active member
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Specialist – Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 1997 – Present
Current Employment Position