Protecting The Legacies Of Our Community Members

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Estate Planning
  4.  » Conservatorship & Guardianship

The Help You Need To Take Good Care Of Your Loved One

There are many reasons you may need assistance when facing conservatorship and guardianship issues in California. We offer compassionate and skilled assistance and work to ensure to ensure the health and well-being of a vulnerable minor or adult family member.

At The Brooke Law Group, PC, in Monrovia, our team is dedicated to providing legal guidance, support and representation that meets the highest level of integrity and service.

Able To Meet Your Conservatorship Needs

There are many concerns involved in conservatorships. We help people petition the court and file for a California conservatorship. We also assist conservators in the fulfilment of their fiduciary duties. Our experience includes representation of those contesting the appointment of a conservator or who have suffered exploitation by a conservator.

In some cases, a power of attorney or advance health care directive may eliminate the need for a conservator. These conversations are best had with a trusted estate planning attorney with experience in these issues, as situations can vary significantly. As an established firm for estate planning, we can answer questions related to wills, trusts and other documents or disputes.

Understanding Incapacitation In California

In order for a conservator to be appointed, a person must be shown to be incapacitated. Several behaviors can indicate incapacitation. These include a person’s inability to effectively communicate clear thinking and decision making. A person who is unable to physically care for themselves may also be determined to be incapacitated. A judge will usually examine or interview the person to determine whether or not that person is incapacitated.

When A Guardianship Is Needed

In California, a conservator is appointed for an incapacitated adult. A guardian is a person who has the legal authority to represent a minor child. Should the parents of a minor no longer be able to care for a child, a guardianship may be necessary. We assist with this process, from start to finish, or at any step along the way.

Our team will work with you so that you are able to make the most informed decisions possible for the people you care about.

Our Goal Is To Improve The Lives Of Those Around Us

We are committed to providing the highest level of professional legal guidance and representation to our clients who require conservatorship and guardianship support. Turn to our team for the assistance you need.

Our Monrovia office has free parking and is easily accessed by the 210 Freeway. We can also meet with you via video conference or by phone at 626-471-5519. To get started, please call us or complete our brief intake form. Serving the needs of clients in Monrovia, San Bernardino and the Inland Empire.